Accredited small business training is provided through a Registered Training Organisation in Certificate IV in New Small Business or Certificate III in Micro-Business Operations.
NEIS training is delivered face-to-face in a classroom format in metropolitan locations. In regional areas, training is delivered through mixed mode, including face-to-face training or online training.
You will also be assigned with your own training mentor who will assist you through each step of the training.
Training consists of both core units and elective units.
On successful completion of accredited small business training, participants will understand many of the broad
competencies for running a small business.
- working effectively in a business environment
- organising personal work priorities and development
- complying with regulatory, taxation and insurance requirement
- organising business finances
- maintaining financial records for a micro business
- developing an accurate business plan
- establishing networks for the business
- determining resource requirements for the business
- developing and using a personal budget