Who can take part in NEIS?
You can participate in NEIS if you:
- are a job seeker and not currently employed or studying. You do not need to be on welfare payments to take part in NEIS.
- are at least 18 years of age at the time of commencing NEIS Assistance
- are not prohibited by law from working in Australia
- are not an overseas visitor on a working holiday visa or an overseas student studying in Australia
- are available to participate in NEIS Training and work Full-Time in the proposed NEIS Business
- are not an undischarged bankrupt
- have not received NEIS Assistance in the previous year, and
- are any other person or persons that the Department of Employment, Skills, Small and Family Business advises as being non-eligible in writing from time to time.
NEIS Business Eligibility Criteria
Your proposed business:
- is not currently operating on a commercial basis
- has an independent business structure
- is lawful and capable of withstanding public scrutiny
- has been assessed as commercially viable by Konekt Employment NEIS
- will be established, located and operated solely within Australia, and
- will be structured so that you maintain a controlling interest over the NEIS Business for the duration of your NEIS Participant Agreement.