About New Business Assistance with NEIS
Konekt Employment is the largest provider of New Business Assistance with NEIS. Over the last 3 years, we’ve helped over 8,500 people start their own business.
Konekt Employment NEIS can help you turn your dream business idea into a reality.
New Business Assistance with NEIS (NEIS) helps eligible job seekers set up and run their own small business.
NEIS can help you create a business plan, provide you with training in small business, and provide you with business advice and mentoring for the first 12 months.
All of the training is at no cost, and we’ll also provide you with access to training materials.
Are you a job seeker registered with a jobactive, ParentsNext or Disability Employment Service?
Ongoing income support
If you are currently registered with a jobactive, ParentsNext or Disability Employment Services (DES) provider and you receive welfare payments you can continue to receive ongoing income support while participating in NEIS:
- Participants currently on Newstart allowance will receive NEIS allowance for up to 39 weeks (paid fortnightly) and may be eligible to receive NEIS Rental Assistance for up to 26 weeks.
- Participants on SSP or DSP payments can choose to continue to receive their current Pension, or choose to receive the NEIS allowance for up to 39 weeks (paid fortnightly) instead.
Are you are job seeker that is not receiving welfare payments?
Even if you’re not receiving welfare payments, you can still access the same training and mentoring support to help you start your own business.
Provided you’re not currently studying, you can receive free accredited training in small business and 12 months of business advice and mentoring. However, you won’t be eligible to receive ongoing income support through the NEIS allowance.
How does it work?
If you feel you have a good business idea and would like to benefit from the NEIS programme, simply:
- Complete our online application form
- After receipt of your application, we’ll review your eligibility, and if you are eligible contact you to undertake a Business Feasibility Assessment. We will then let you know if you have been accepted to receive NEIS training.
- You’ll then be enrolled and commence training where you’ll gain the knowledge to set up and run your own small business. During the course, you’ll also receive assistance to develop your business plan.
- Your completed plan will be assessed for viability in several key areas such as industry knowledge, qualifications, premises, funding, cashflow and marketing.
- You’ll also be provided with free business mentoring support and guidance for the first twelve months of your business operation.