By partnering with us we can work with you to help you to establish and deliver an effective Work for the Dole activity.
If you’re a not-for-profit organisation, charity, Landcare group, or government agency, and you’re interested in hosting a Work for the Dole activity, Konekt Employment can help.
We can work with you to help you to establish and deliver an effective Work for the Dole activity.
Through Work for the Dole, you can get access to people to help you to complete a community project, or to provide you with much needed support.
As well as benefiting your local communities, you will also provide local job seekers with skills and practical work-like experiences to help them in their search for work.
Ideally, places should last for six months continually. You will also need to enter into a Host Agreement before any job seekers can commence their placement.
Examples of Work for the Dole activities
- Retail work in not-for-profit stores such as those operated by major charity organisations.
- Providing additional assistance in the administration areas of eligible organisations.
- Gardening or maintenance activities in schools or aged care facilities. However, no caring, teaching or direct supervision roles will be allowed.
- Rehabilitation works of public parks and roadways.
- Restoration of community facilities.