Connecting you to the right job
If you have a disability, injury or health condition and you’re looking for work, Konekt Employment wants to understand what you’re looking for.
We’ll work with you to tailor a Job Plan, based on your personal circumstances. Our aim is to listen to you, to understand your strengths and work alongside you to achieve your employment goals.
Depending on your circumstances, we can help you write or update your resume, provide you with job search tools, offer interview tips and preparation, and help you with skills development to give you the best chance in securing ongoing sustainable employment.
We can help you access Employment Assistance that provides financial help to eligible people to buy work related modifications and services. Assistance is available to people with disability who are about to start a job or who are currently working, as well as people who need help to find and prepare for a job. It is also available to people with disability who are self-employed, and jobseekers who need Auslan assistance, or special work equipment to look for and prepare for a job.
We make it easy for you, and offer a range of flexible servicing options to suit your situation, including an online training portal, and a range of meeting options including face-to-face, online, phone, Skype and email.
Access to employers
We can help you find quality jobs that are match your capabilities and long term goals. We specialise in placing people into work and we work with employers from a range of industries including retail, hospitality, manufacturing, construction, office administration, clerical and agricultural to name just a few.
Resume preparation and job search techniques
A professional resume is important. We will help you develop your resume to highlight your skills and abilities to prospective employers. We can also provide you with strategies searching and applying for jobs, and essential interview tips.
Tailored and ongoing support
We’ll work with your new employer to make sure the work meets your needs and skills. We’ll also provide ongoing support for up to twelve months, to help you to settle into the workplace. If you need it, we can also provide flexible ongoing support for longer periods.
We can even provide information, support and training to your new employer and colleagues.
We may also be able to assist with short-term travel arrangements, tools required for the job, work uniforms, and any additional training you may need to improve your skills.
Depending on your circumstances, we can also assist your employer to access additional support to help modify your workplace, or to introduce specialised technologies or services.
- Personalised service tailored to you.
- We offer a range of flexible servicing options to suit your situation.
- We can help you find quality jobs that are matched to your abilities and long-term goals.
- Professional development assistance to help you build your confidence if you’ve been out-of-work for some time.
- Training programs available to upgrade your skills.
- We match you to jobs that best suit you.
- We provide financial assistance in some situations to assist with things like travel, work clothing and essential work tools.
- We can assist you to prepare a professional resume.
- We provide coaching on preparing for interviews.
- Information on and access to job search facilities (computers, internet, phones, fax, printers).
- We provide help marketing your personal skills and strengths to employers in your local area.
- We provide ongoing support for up to 52 weeks once you find a job.
- Access to an interpreter, if you need one.
- Assistance with accessing a range of other support services as required.
- Work experience and work trials with one of our trusted employer partners National Work Experience Program, PaTH internships or Work for the Dole.
- Depending on your circumstances, we can also assist your employer to access additional support to help modify your workplace, or to introduce specialised technologies or services.
Ready to get started?
With just a few details, we can register your interest and provide you with additional information on how we can start helping you from 1 July 2018. Click here to see our service areas.